019: Don’t Throw Away Your OSHA 300 Logs
Download Podcast Episodes on:
The Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses (OSHA Form
300) is used to classify work-related injuries and illness and to
note the extent and severity of each case. When an incident
occurs, use the Log to record specific details about what
happened and how it happened. Employers must keep a Log for
each establishment or site. If you have more than one
establishment, you must keep a separate Log and Summary for
each physical location that is expected to be in operation for one
year or longer.
In this case, while the company was properly filling out their 300 logs, they did not keep them for the required 5 years. With the GotSafety app, this company could have avoided this citation by storing their 300 logs in our document repository.
An injury or illness is considered work-related if an event or exposure in the work environment caused or contributed to the condition or significantly aggravated a preexisting condition. Work-relatedness is presumed for injuries and illnesses resulting from events or exposures occurring in the workplace. The
work environment includes the establishment and other locations where one or more employees are working or present as a condition of their employment.
Record those work-related injuries and illnesses that result in:
- Loss of Consciousness
- Days away from work
- Restricted work activity or job transfer, or
- Medical treatment beyond first aid
- You must also record significant work-related injuries or illnesses that are diagnosed by a physician or licensed health care professional
- You must also record work-related injuries and illnesses that meet any of the specific recording criteria listed below:
- Any needle stick injury or cut from a sharp object that is contaminated
- Tuberculosis infection as evidence by a positive skin test or diagnosed by a physician
- and more… to access the full 300 Log Lesson – please give us a call at the number listed below!
With GotSafety on your side, you can avoid citations such as this one. Give us a call at 800-734-3574 and we can give you a demo of our services and how we can help!