017: Does your company have an Injury and Illness Prevention Plan?
Download Podcast Episodes on:
This week on the OSHA Oops! Podcast, we’re talking again about the Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
The company we are discussing today, unfortunately did not have an IIPP and they were not regularly inspecting the worksite. They did not complete regular scheduled inspections, and also missed out on an Arc Flash hazard.
While the fine may not initially be huge, but it will lead to more citations that are much more expensive. This citation could easily have been avoided. Give us a call if you need some help!
Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
The term IIPP stands for “Injury and Illness Prevention Program”. This is your company’s master safety program on which other safety programs are based. This program may differ between company’s and industry.
Components of an IIPP
- How safety policies will be communicated
- Inclusion of periodic workplace inspections
- Reporting of workplace hazards
- Investigation of accidents that occur
- Identification of employees that will receive training on workplace hazards
- The types of records that will be kept
- And finally, how the IIPP will be provided to employees who request to view them
With GotSafety on your side, you can avoid citations such as this one. Give us a call at 800-734-3574 and we can give you a demo of our services and how we can help!